We are proud to announce the formation of the Advisory Board for Semantics & Pragmatics. It is important to us that we get the best advice possible as we get S&P underway. So, we asked some of the most foremost scientists in our field, among them the editors (or past editors) of the premier journals, to join our Advisory Board. We asked them to commit to providing us with solicited and unsolicited advice on all kinds of issues connected to running a high-quality journal, especially a pioneering one like ours. The response was overwhelming. Here is the line-up of the Advisory Board:
- Greg Carlson (former editor of Linguistics & Philosophy)
- Gennaro Chierchia
- Bart Geurts (editor of Journal of Semantics)
- Irene Heim (editor of Natural Language Semantics)
- Larry Horn
- Polly Jacobson (editor of Linguistics & Philosophy)
- Hans Kamp
- Angelika Kratzer (editor of Natural Language Semantics)
- Manfred Krifka (editor of Theoretical Linguistics, former editor
of Linguistics & Philosophy)
- Barbara Partee
- Robert Stalnaker
We look forward to much advice and support from these eminent colleagues. Thank you all!
PS. We may add a few more members to the Advisory Board in the near future. The intended size of the Advisory Board is between 12 and 15 scientists.