Here are some of the topics (in no particular order) we will be discussing on this blog in the near future, as our project progresses:
- More on why open access is good for the field
- Role Models (successful open access journals in other disciplines)
- Innovation vs. Conservatism (how experimental should the journal be?)
- How to ensure that the journal will be taken seriously (for tenure & promotion, especially)
- Editorial board expectations
- Graduate students as peer reviewers
- Style guidelines
- The author agreement (no copyright transfer, what kind of license does S&P get?)
- Depositing submissions to semanticsarchive: recommended, required?
- What if S&P is so successful that it monopolizes the field?
Here’s a request: please use the comments to this entry to add other topics you would like us to discuss.